Monday, January 4, 2010

Very Slow Progress

I won't bore you with day to day photos. Let's just say that I can tell there's been progress made in that one little area, but I don't know that anyone else can, including my hubby. I have a long way to go before it's complete and an even longer way to go before the room is clean.

So many things are going to change this year and this is one of them. I have a lot of dust in my house because of the dogs going in and out and the fact that there isn't grass everywhere in our yard. It just amazes me how fast it accumulates. So, in the past I've seldom done anything about it. I hate those chores that don't stay done and especially those that don't look like they were done just yesterday. But the fact of the matter is that I have to change the way I've been doing these things. I have to start dusting and doing all those things that don't stay done. I love a clean house, but somewhere in my very early 40's or even in my late 30's, maybe when my dad passed, I just stopped doing many of the things I didn't really want to do. Didn't seem so bad at first. Then I looked around one day and noticed this mountain of mess. I didn't have the faintest idea of where to start to get rid of it. So, I twiddled my thumbs forever and didn't do anything other than think and talk about it.

I've finally come to the realization that enough is enough. The straw has broken the camel's back, so to speak. I can't move or create or even think in this mess any longer. So, things are going to change.

I've lived in other houses and they were much easier to keep clean and organized. I had places for everything. This one does not have a place for everything so it's very difficult to put everything in its place. I'm going to be working on that.

I don't know how I even got started talking about this again. I had intended to talk about Alfred Hitchcock movies. I'm watching my favorite of them right now, The Birds. In the last week, I've seen the majority of Vertigo, Rear Window and for the first time Psycho. Another favorite Hitchcock movie is The Trouble with Harry. What is your favorite Hitchcock movie? One of my favorite things to do while watching a Hitchcock movie now is to look for Hitchcock in the movie. I've heard that he's in every one of them in some way. It may be in a photograph, a crowd scene or his shadow. Have you ever spotted him in one? I did see him in a photograph, I think in Dial M for Murder, but it may have been a different one.

No comments: