Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A little Paint Play











Last night, I just went for it. I don't know thing one about painting, but I've always wanted to. I recently bought a beginner set of watercolors and one of acrylics. I used the watercolors last night. Here are the results. The two bottom pieces were painted as one and cut in half. It was fun. The only one I really like is the top photo of the blue and orange painting. I call it Three Rivers. Yes, the "rivers" are orange and the "grass" is blue.

7 comments:

pam q said...

And now you need some purple trees!

Very nice work!!!

You are getting very brave.

My favorite is the third from the top............

Show us more!

giddy up said...

They look great... it is fun to play around with paint.

Julie JordanScott said...

I love the theme and how the colors turned up. They definitely reflect your creative and zesty spirit.

THANK YOU!

Ginormous Duck said...

I love the colors and the energy. Very nice!

Hybrid J said...

There's great energy and beauty in the such vibrant colors. Well done! Have fun and continue to give painting a go. You're doing fine! :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I really like the last one :)

Marcy at Sunflower Design said...

Have you thought about painting on white cotton and building a quilt? I love your bright colours and energetic strokes.