Friday, January 15, 2010

My First of 6 Changes

According to the 6 Changes website, accountability is extremely important in changing habits.

Leo Babauta says on the website: "Two steps in the 6 Changes method are extremely crucial, even if many people will be tempted to skip them:

1. Commit as publicly as possible to creating each new habit.
2. Log your progress daily, and very publicly."

So, here I am...publicly stating that my first of six changes is going to be to cut out everything from my diet that contains high fructose corn syrup in all of its shapes, forms and hidden other names. I plan for this to be a forever change in my life, not a quick fix thing to my weight problem. I will start this on Monday January 25, 2010.

Normally, I would say that I would start this tomorrow or on this coming Monday, which would be the 18th, but Mr. Babauta says we should wait at least one week and maybe more to build anticipation. So, I picked the 25th.

This means that I will be cooking much more, rather than eating frozen, canned, processed, restaurant or take out foods. I'll be reading labels on everything. It's amazing the amount of items corn syrup is in. Things you would never have thought would have it, do indeed have it. I know this much from food allergy testing I went through a couple of years ago. I dropped weight without trying, during that testing also. So much, so quickly that I thought I was ill. And I truly think it was because of cutting out the corn syrup. I may be wrong. I may not lose weight this time like I did last time. We'll just have to wait and see. I do know that soft drinks have corn syrup in them though and cutting those out (again!) will be a healthy improvement. Once I start this, I'll be reporting my progress daily.

1 comment:

pam q said...

Oh, my.

This whole event sounds interesting.

I will be anxiously reading to see what happens!!!

Good luck!!!!!