Thursday, January 7, 2010

People Who Share My Birthday

In my family, it's unusual to have a birthday to yourself, as I do. My parents were born on the same day, one year apart. My sister was born on the birthday of our cousin Jimmy. My husband was born on my parent's birthday, twenty years after my father. Our son was born on my Aunt Rosie's birthday. I have twin cousins (Kelly and Molly) born three days before me and my niece B was born three days after me. My first granddaughter was born 8 days after me, but no one shares my actual birthday.

My nephew R looked on the Internet to see who shares my birthday. I couldn't remember anyone he'd told me other than Katie Couric, so I looked to see if she was born in 1960 also. Nope, she's a little older. Others born on January 7th are William Peter Blatty author of The Exorcist, actor Nicolas Cage is a little younger than me, our 13th President Millard Fillmore, actor Vincent Gardenia (he played Cher's father in Moonstruck), Zora Neale Hurston author of Their Eyes Were Watching God, singer Kenny Loggins, actor Butterfly McQueen of Gone with the Wind fame and baseball player for the Chicago Cubs Alfonso Soriano. There were many more, which for some reason, really surprised me. In the whole list though, there was only one who actually shared my date of birth and that is politician Loretta Sanchez. Happy birthday to all of the folks on this list who are still living and a special happy 50th birthday to Loretta Sanchez! I hope it's great.

No comments: