Friday, July 31, 2009

Bonus Photo -- Sense of Motion


My second granddaughter got to celebrate her 7th birthday here in TX. It is actually a couple of weeks after her birthday, but this is the first time they have been here this close to any of their birthdays, so it was party time!
The party was at the other grandparents home. There had never been so many children (or for that matter, people) at any of my grandchildren's birthday parties before! There are a lot of cousins on my daughter-in-law's side of the family. The kids had a lot of fun, if the noise level was any indication.
In this photo, birthday celebration girl is attaching a balloon to her father's ear for me to photograph, just as her cousin J.R. runs in front of it all. You can't really see birthday celebration girl (the pink between the blur and the chair is her) and J.R. is the man in motion. Her dad is sitting still, not really pleased with us, but being a good sport, none the less. The balloon is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. Float above it all. *If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see the orange ribbon kind of hanging from my son's ear/glasses area.

2 comments:

pam q said...

That's a cool photo!

Bet you couldn't get that effect again if you tried.....

Sharon said...

This comment has be adjusted for content:

Pam, it was a pure luck shot! I showed it to J. R. after I took it. He was not impressed. I was thrilled because I remembered some kind of "motion" theme on the list.