Monday, July 13, 2009

Possibilities

I've been dog shopping via the SPCA of TX website for a while now. We lost or Elly dog in April and our Barney cat back in November. I can't remember the last time we had just one pet. Well, actually I do too. It was in the early 1980's when our son was just a little fellow and we were in our first house. We've always had at least two pets since then. During many years here, we had six -- three dogs and three cats. Ahhh, those were the days of love and furry hugs and kisses!

We started thinking of getting a second dog fairly soon after Elly's death. Barkley seemed so lonely. Now, he's coming into his own and seems to be fine, but we miss having more pets around. I found out a little over a year ago that I'm allergic to cats, so as much as I want another one, I can't have it. So, dog shopping it is!

The problem is that I fall in love easily. I see those big doggie eyes and fall head over heals. Then I start working on the hubby. By the time I think I've almost got him convinced to look at a particular dog, the dog has been adopted by someone else and heartbreak sets in! Then the search continues. Well, there is one we're planning to go look at tomorrow, if the good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise. Here is a link to her picture. I hope it works out. Cross your fingers for me, OK? * Shoot, the link doesn't take you directly to her picture, but to a list of adoptable animals. She is "April" a VIP on the first page.

No comments: