Friday, July 24, 2009

Photo of the week 16 of 39 -- Yellow



Bartlett pears at Brookshire's grocery store. They almost look soft enough to eat. Not like the ones that grow on our tree which are hard enough to be considered a deadly weapon if thrown at someone! I'm thinking that our pears are canning pears and not eating pears. Although, some of our past dogs have loved to eat them right off the tree. I think that's how they kept their teeth so sharp and strong!


Next week's theme is "9:00 A.M".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pears are the kind I love to get. They are great for making pear relish and fresh pear cake. I have good recipes for both. In fact, like your dog, I like to eat them hard and crisp-Yum Oh.

Sharon said...

Fresh pear cake sounds really good. I'll have to see if I can find a recipe for that! Thanks for mentioning it.

pam q said...

Bartlett pears are like what you get in canned fruit cocktail.

For excellent eating pears, try D'Anjou---they are really, really good!

I like 'em quite ripe though---they look rather disgusting, but sure taste great.

Fresh pear cake....now that sounds tasty!