Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Visit to the Vet




Barkley was overdue for his shots and had been out of his Revolution flea treatment for way too long. So, I took him to the vet this morning. Never a fun experience for him or for me. He whimpered almost all the way there. Shedding all the while. He would barely go into the building because he saw a chow sitting calmly beside the check-in desk. I had to cajole and drag him in, then take him several paces past the perfectly sedate dog.



Once the other dog left, we went back to get Barkley's weight taken. At 2 years, he weighs 95 pounds! I was shocked! I thought he'd be at least 10 pounds less than that. Then he went back for his exam. Everything checked out. No heart worms or other parasites -- hallelujah! He got all of his vaccinations and his Revolution and we paid our bill and hit the road. Needless to say, we are both pooped and very thankful to be home.





No comments: