Monday, November 2, 2009

Raining on a Sunny Day

Well, I'm having an extremely difficult time getting my art groove thing going today. I got up and ran to the grocery store so that we could have some food in the house. As I finished loading up the things I'd just bought, my hubby called to let me know that he had just been laid off. Needless to say, our beautiful sun filled day turned to instant stormy skies, not literally of course, but it might was well have as far as my hubby and I were concerned.

We've been down this road before, more than once. It's not fun. Many other people are on this same road with us now, which makes getting off of it even more difficult. Our nation has a lousy economy at this point. Things will turn around. I know they will, but it doesn't help much right this minute, today. Right now, I want to curl up and nap. When I get up I want to curl up with a good book and escape for a bit. It will all still be waiting for me when I stop. Who knows, I may even be refreshed and inspired to do something artistic when I'm done.

No comments: