Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fun with Froggy


I was walking up the stairs to the deck when I spotted this little fellow. He was wedged between the logs on the wall of our laundry room. At first, I wasn't sure if he was a snake or a frog because all I could see was the front of his head. The rest of him was hidden between the logs. I ran in to get my camera and his little body was sideways between the logs when I got back. Definitely a frog! I love frogs and toads! I've never seen a tree frog on our place before, although I hear them croaking at night all the time. Looking at the way he's camouflaged, it's no surprise actually. He would blend in perfectly with the trees around here.
I did catch him (temporarily) so that I could try to get some photos of him. I took 15, but these 2 were the only ones that really turned out. I tried to get the underside of his back legs (they were yellow!) but he would have none of that. He's got those wonderful, little sticky feet. So cool! I did let him go quickly. I didn't want to stress him too much. He darted back between the logs and hid out of sight. So fun! Of course when I saw him, I though of my friend Carol Morrissey and her wonderful pattern "The Toad (formerly known as Prince)"
You have do scroll down the page to find him, but he's well worth it! She takes amazing photos and then turns them into quilt patterns. A wonderful, multi-talented woman.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

finding frogs in unexpected places is so much fun. the tree frogs where i live are bright green.