Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Art Today


I'm in a beading mood. I wish I was in a sewing mood, especially since my quilt retreat next week is now in danger, but I'm not. I wanted to do something with the beautiful blue tiger eye beads I had, so today, I grabbed them. All the beads in this Anglican rosary are tiger eye or black glass seed beads. I used three different sizes and two different types of tiger eye, with a gold tone pewter Celtic cross and gold findings. I really like it and I'm tempted to keep it for myself, but that was not the reason for making it. This one is really long and can be worn as a necklace. I need to make more necklace type prayer beads. Maybe even some that are totally unique and don't follow any kind of Anglican or Catholic style.
I may not have gotten any art done yesterday and all I really did the day before was photograph beads I had made the night before that, but I tell you, this art challenge has really got me going! I hadn't beaded in ages and in three days I've made several new things. I'm happy. Be sure to click on the photo to see the beads more closely.

No comments: