Sunday, November 8, 2009

Art for Day #8


I made this door hanger today for my niece B. She requested this particular saying on it. She'll hang it on her bedroom door when she's sleeping or wanting privacy. I used purple embroidery floss for the hanger (and the embroidery). I just braided 9 lengths of 6 strand DMC and then sewed it into the little sandwich. The fabric used was scraps from the project I worked on yesterday. Started to hand quilt this, but I didn't have a color on hand that looked good, so I'm calling it officially finished without quilting it. I'll try to get it in the mail to her tomorrow.

8 comments:

jen* said...

What a fun aunt you are! I would have loved a sign like this when I was growing up...and even in the dorms at college. It is so assertive and to the point!

Leah said...

i agree, you are an awesome aunt! this is so fun!

Rebecca said...

In college, I had a welcome mat that said in red-- GO AWAY.

My aunt made made my prom dress.

You've really honored her with your gift!

linda said...

Awesome! I think it's a great, useful item to create...everyone needs some privacy after all!

Expressive Hart said...

Yes, you definitely are a fun aunt. And, what fun to see what other folks are doing on the AEDM challenge. So nice to connect with you!

Anonymous said...

Oh! That's so fun! I wish I had one of those when I was a teenager! :)

pam q said...

Teenager???

I would like to have one of these signs now!

Brittani said...

@Pam: I'm the Niece, not a teenager anymore :P

Aunt Sharon, I LOOOOOOOVE it!!! Mom told me you posted it on here, and I was going to keep it a surprise for myself, but decided to look ;) Don't make me a different one, this is PERFECT. Thank you so much! Can't wait to hang it on my door :)