Monday, August 17, 2009

The Kid in the Stands

I just had to post a quick note about the kid in the stands yesterday at the ballgame. It was the Texas Rangers vs. the Boston Red Sox. Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton is up at bat. He hits a foul ball into the upper deck stands and this kid -- C.J. who looks to be about 10 years old -- catches it with his glove! Everyone clapped and was happy for him. The crowd loves to see someone catch a foul ball, but when a kid does it, it's especially great.

Same at bat, next ball thrown, Hamilton hit another foul ball into the same area. The same kid, C.J. catches the ball again! Amazing! The crowd gave him a standing ovation! He was named "Fan of the Game" and given some goodies, including a gold glove trophy! I had so much fun watching all of that on TV! I couldn't have been happier for anyone. C.J. will never forget that game. I may not either. Way to go C.J., I hope you were able to sleep last night!

2 comments:

The McClendons said...

Did you happen to see Michael and Anderson on there too? Anderson got a ground rule double that Elvis Andres hit from Nefali Feliz and they showed him getting the ball.

Sharon said...

No! I missed it. Shoot. I wish I had known sooner, I had it taped and just erased it when I watched it. I would have rerun it all and watched it again to see him. Tell him congratulations! I'm so happy for him!