Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today









My car is dead. At least temporarily. I went to CVS to pick up a cough medicine for my cough that has gotten bronchitis worse instead of better. When I tried to start the car back up, it wouldn't start. To make matters worse, I was in the drive-through pick up lane. I couldn't get the dang car out of park and I couldn't get it to start and I was stuck there.





I called my hubby (who was on the other side of the lake at home) to come help me. It took him a while to get there. While I waited, I became a runner for CVS. I was stopped in the only pick up lane and there were people who had difficulty getting inside the store who couldn't get to the lane because of me. So, they'd park in the drop off lane and I'd run their money, prescriptions and the clip board they have to sign between them and the store. It was the very least I could do.





I tell you, there are some sweet people out there. The first man to drive up, was on oxygen. He couldn't walk from his car to the back of the store to get his prescriptions, but he still offered to help me with my car. Honestly, I was glad I couldn't get it out of park because I would have been worried if he'd tried to help me. Such a sweet man to want to though. Almost everyone that I had to redirect to the other lane or inside the store, offered to help me in some way. The picture is what I had to look at when I was sitting in the car.

No comments: