Saturday, May 23, 2009

I love quilt retreats!

I was on a quilt retreat last weekend. I went to the same place I'd gone to last time. The time I left early. This retreat was with different people. I love the people I retreat with! All of the groups of people. They're all fun and creative. I'm always inspired when I go. That last retreat was just weird for me. I may not be able to go with that group for a while since they remind me so much of Marianne -- they make me miss her terribly.









Here are some of the things the ladies and I worked on.






This first one is Mary's. I never got a picture with all the blocks.


















This is Maxine. It was her first time to work on a Buggy Barn pattern. She went a little crazy at first.

























It looks good. She's making a small wall hanging. Not necessarily easy to do with a Buggy Barn pattern, but Maxine did great! She did end up switching out a couple of the fabrics for more contrast.













This is Keri's quilt. I'm going to have to make one of these! I loved it. Loved her fabrics too. Don't know that I would have ever bought any of them, but when I saw hers -- Wow!

























Andrea's was probably my favorite of all! I never buy these fabrics, but I sure want to now. I've seen her put together a couple of quilts with them and I've loved them both.























More of Andrea's fabric and blocks.






















Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of everyone's work. I thought I had, but I missed out. So, I can't show you what Donna, Bonnie, Melynn, Virginia or Nancy worked on. When I finish my project, I'll show it to you. I'm sure there will be a whole posting on it actually. With lots of pictures. I'm going on another retreat in June. Can't wait!

No comments: