Monday, March 9, 2009

Machine Quilting is not my friend

First let me say that I got a sweet compliment on the quilting in the photo of the quilt in my banner. Unfortunately, I didn't quilt the quilt myself. Batik is rather tightly woven and I thought it would be a bit difficult to hand quilt (my preference!) that particular quilt because of the fabric I used in the top and back. The quilter was a lovely lady by the name of Jean Tekano. She went so far as to research Texas trees and that is what she quilted into the quilt.

As for me, machine quilting is not my friend. The only time I even attempt it is when I'm working on a pineapple miniature quilt. Like tonight. I machine quilted on Turtle in a Blender. I thought I was doing a really good job on it -- for once. I got the center done and looked at it and noticed that it was all whamperjawed! That would never do. I'm almost finished ripping it all out. Tomorrow (or rather, later today, I just looked at the clock), I'll start hand quilting that little quilt. I just hope I can get it done in time now!

No comments: