Monday, March 16, 2009

And another one Bites the Dust

Quilt Celebration 2009 is over! In my humble opinion, it was wonderful! (I've never met a quilt show I didn't like!) I loved every minute of working on it, both before and during. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to post many pictures, if any, because of copy right issues. I'll have to contact friends of mine who had quilts in the show and see if I can get permission to post their photos. We'll see.



I will post the bluebonnets soon along with the picture of the quilt I got in exchange for Turtle in a Blender. Kristy thought she got the better deal and I think I got the better deal. Needless to say, we're both happy! I'll even post a few pictures of things I bought (very few things this year with this economy) and an antique quilt I fell in love with. Oh, shoot. I didn't ask the owners if that was OK. I better double check on that first. They were very kind to let me take the photos. I don't want to take advantage.



The miniature quilt auction was very successful also. I believe my pineapple quilt "Have I Done This Before", went for $80 and 'Black Cat' went for $55. I'll have to double check those amounts because I wasn't able to attend. My pineapple quilts have gone for higher amounts in the past, so I think it's time to change the color scheme. I've done the green and purple for several years now. I had planned to do one more and announce it as the last in the series, but I don't know if that would make much money for the auction or not. We'll just have to see what kind of time I have this year.

No comments: