Thursday, July 8, 2010

On the Road Again

I'm hitting the road Friday morning to take my grandkids and their dog to their new home in OK. The furniture was delivered today. The Internet will be hooked up on Saturday morning. They've had a good visit with their Aunt Angie, their other grandparents and other aunts, uncles and cousins. But, it's time to go home. They miss their dad and their dad misses them.

Now, when my son first drove from here to OK, it took him an unbelievable 6 hours! This should be a 4 hour drive, maximum, but there was construction all along the route. I am quite concerned about this for the drive tomorrow. It's too hot to leave a dog in a car while you take three kids into a restaurant for a potty break. I can't think of one restaurant that will let you bring a dog in for the potty break. I don't know of one young kid that can "hold it" for an unbelievable 6 hours! And last, but not least, I'm not comfortable sending three kids, ages 6 - 9, into a restaurant by themselves for a potty break. I'm thinking of taking a coffee can and toilet paper and having them pee along the highway between the car doors with me standing in front of them. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

pam q said...

It will be interesting............