Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 3 of 29 Gifts in 29 Days

My mom and I are still down at my brother-in-law's house. This morning, first thing, I saw the opportunity to gift my momma with not having to pick up her bedding from the living room. I cleaned up my own bedding first and then folded up momma's bedding before she noticed. She was surprised and pleased when she started to get up to take care of it.

Later, my niece B was talking about her cruise that she'll be going on next month with friends and she mentioned that she didn't have flip-flops to take with her. This is not the first time I had heard her say it, but I felt the urge to gift her the money for them this time. I had set aside $10 for something to be gifted on this trip south, so I got my purse and handed it to her. She was quite thrilled. If she has anything left, maybe she'll get lucky and find a floppy hat too.

Seconds after I gave the money to B, I looked into my purse for something else and discovered two safety deposit keys that I thought I had lost! I looked all through my purse yesterday for them and could not find either of them. I almost cried from the sheer joy of knowing I wouldn't have to have the safe boxes re-drilled!

No comments: