Friday, April 10, 2009

Next Time, I'm Renting a Car

I've taken three photos to show "open". I hope to post them this afternoon, which for most of you will be tonight, I guess. Of course to be able to post them, my son or daughter-in-law will have to drive me somewhere to buy a thingee that lets me download my photos from my camera to the computer. Fortunately, I've got the proper name written down so that I don't sound like a nut when I get to the electronics department of whatever store I end up in.

I had forgotten what a pain the rear it is to depend on someone else to take you somewhere. That is a definite disadvantage to visiting my son who lives on an extremely large Air Force Base and who has only one car. I told him yesterday, that I will rent myself a car for future visits. I truly hate feeling dependant on someone for my transportation, necessities or fun.

All things considered, the car thing has been one of the few downsides to the visit. We won't go into the others. Personalities are bound to clash at times. After all, you're basically blending two households. I know that my son and daughter-in-law have gone out of their way to make me welcome and at home and believe me, I do appreciate it. I'm trying to make myself useful and be helpful and I know that they appreciate that as well.

The girls start spring break when school lets out today! It's going to be fun for all of us. I plan for us to take walks to the park and take pictures. Each of the girls has tried her hand with my camera. They both love to take silly pictures. In fact, that brings me back to why I started this post. Cutting all the 365 possible themes and putting them in a bag was another pain the rear. So, I've just started having people pick a number for me. My hubby picked the number that lead to "open" for this week's photos. CV picked the number for today which will give us the photo/s for next week -- #65 cookery. CL has picked the theme for the next week.

2 comments:

pam q said...

OK. Maybe I will play along on your photography challenge from time to time...

Can my Pick of the Week from this past Wednesday (4-8) count as my "open" photo since I showed The Easter Chicken opened up???

But cookery....hmmm.....that could be tough......

Sharon said...

You can do whatever you want. It's your challenge. Enjoy.