Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm Sick to death of Dora the Explorer

JT has been sick and home from school for two days now. I'm sick to death of Dora the Explorer and all of her little friends on the Nickelodeon channel. I do now know why my granddaughter CL says "Oh Man!" all the time. It came from the Dora show. She has gotten on my last nerve on my than one occasion with that phrase. CL, in particular, loves to push me past my limit of endurance when it comes to just about everything from going to bed to brushing her teeth to eating breakfast to.....I could go on for quite a while, but I'll stop now. I end up yelling at her and I feel horrible for that each and every time. So, I've yelled my last yell. I'm going to start giving her chores if she doesn't do what I ask the first time. It will save my sanity and my voice and possibly teach her to stop that crap.

There is also a maintenance guy here to fix the air conditioner. It's been running constantly and leaking water. I'm glad I can be here so that my son doesn't have to take off work.

The car was towed in to be worked on yesterday. It broke down on Friday on the way home from picking up the kids from school. They're going to fix it and go ahead and check it all out to make sure it will make it to Louisiana, just in case my son does get the transfer. I think that's the most distant point he requested to be transferred to. Of course that doesn't really matter when you get right down to it, it could be wherever they decide to put him that's closer to TX - hopefully. He's heard great things about the Shreveport area as far as doctors for the kids and that sort of thing, so he's really hoping for that area. I've got my fingers crossed too. I'd feel better if we could just hear something officially about it and we could get on with it all.

As for me, I've had some down time to read two books recently. I just finished The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard (really enjoyed this one! and plan to read more by her) and Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris, which is the 10th in the Sookie Stackhouse series (I was a bit disappointed in this one, wish I had waited for the used paperback). I also, finally, finished knitting my first dishcloth and I even used it last night to wash some dishes. I love those knitted dishcloths! Have you ever used one? They're great.

Hope your week is off to a better start than ours. That everyone is healthy in your home. That you are seeing sunshine and feeling a mild breeze and seeing beautiful blooms. Talk to you again soon.

No comments: