Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I was over at Ree's Place

Ree's blog is The Pioneer Woman and there are several parts to her blog.  Today I started with Home and Garden.  She was talking about her clothes in her closet.  I felt the need to leave a comment.  This is what I said:

"You would hate my closet Ree! I basically wear t-shirts. Almost all of my t-shirts have some kind of quilt related writing on them. If I’m going somewhere that I need to be somewhat dressy, I wear a t-shirt without writing on it. To me, that’s dressed up. Although I do know that even my normal dress up clothes aren’t dressy enough for funerals and jury duty. I have a few pairs of slacks and regular blouses for that kind of thing, but I can’t tell you what they look like to save my soul. Thankfully, it’s been a few months since I’ve been to a funeral or on a jury."

I kid you not, to me being dressed up is indeed wearing a t-shirt without words on it!  I like it that way.  I don't wear make up often either and when I do, it's only mascara and a little lip something or other.  I do not wear perfumes at all, ever.  Period.  End of story.  I stopped all of that when I moved out to the country because I found that the make up caked up and ended up in a pool under my eyes.  I'd go to the grocery store and post office, then come home and discover that I looked like a rabid raccoon!  The perfumes just attracted bees and wasps and I did not want to get stung.  I later found out that I was quite allergic to perfumes of all kinds.  They give me migraines.  So, the country life has simplified my life and my clothes and makeup budget.  Basically, there isn't one. 

2 comments:

Tracey said...

LOL! You are funny. I love P.Woman - her blog is almost overwhelming; so many beautiful areas to look at. I have every type of clothing you can think of(except something for the red carpet); I work in an office that fortunately doesn't require anything more than jeans & a 'sensible' shirt/blouse/whatever. Makeup: forget it; very sensitive eyes so eye makeup went by the wayside years ago; lipstick only. But as soon as I get home, it's my jeans w/big giant holes & a giant old T-shirt.

pamq said...

I think you must have taken a look in my closet, too!

In my case, I find lots of good stuff at the thrift shops....really nice clothes for cheap.

Hurray!

I look at so many of the clothes and shoes today and I just don't get it. Whatever would they want to wear that for?????