Sunday, September 12, 2010

Continued from Below (P.M.)

It took me just a few minutes to find the song I was talking about in the posting Pure Misery. I found it on youtube, so you can hear it too. It's What the World Needs Now (Abraham, Martin and John) by Tom Clay. The first one just shows the 45 single record (which is what I had and listened to way back then) and has a very clear recording of the song. The second version shows video that matches the song. The recording and video don't always match up when the people talk, but it's not a big deal. I found the second recording first and watched it. I found it interesting, but it made me sad to see it all in color again. My imagination is bad enough. Living color is worse, especially when President Kennedy was shot. But I wanted to give you the option of which to see and listen to. I have no doubt that if youtube had been around when this was first put out, I would have listened to and watched the second one and cried to it, often.








A little update on my granddaughter #1. I went up to Oklahoma for about 5 days. While I was there, she had no nightmares that I'm aware of. We got her a couple of bras (new to her), although I don't know if they would really be called "training" bras like they were when I was a little girl. Her sister had to get some too, although she didn't really need one yet.

We all went shopping for a gift for their daddy's birthday. The girls each paid a little on it themselves. I paid some for their little brother (who didn't have any money of his own). After spending some of the money, #1 decided that she wanted to keep the remainder of her money. She had been trying to give it away to her daddy and to me. Which had us quite worried. It is just not normal for a 9 year old child to say she doesn't want her money. So, now she has plans for it. Which relieves my mind some. She and her sister also made friends with a girl about their age who lives across the street from them.

I forgot to mention in the last posting that they live in a new neighborhood in a new state and are, of course, going to a new school. So many changes, in such a short amount of time.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Beautiful post; so glad to see your granddaughters w/their new friend. I hope it turns out to be good for all of them :-)

Sharon said...

Me too! All three girls are precious and need the friendships of girls close by. I remember that from my childhood and it was important.