Thursday, April 29, 2010

Focusing on Gratitude

I had a pity party yesterday. I called my husband and asked if he wanted to attend, but I got the answering machine. I was the only one at the party. It wasn't that fun. I just sang a few bars of "It's my pity party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to....you would cry to if you felt like I do!". Sing along if you know the tune. Then again, the party is over for now, so save your pretty song bird voice for next time.

I'm trying really hard to focus on all the good things in my life. Sometimes, like when I'm sick, it's the little things that get me through the day.

I am grateful for:
1. my sound machine
2. bedroom doors (I don't have them at home, our bedroom is a loft type room)
3. that my son had already washed a load of clothes and all I needed to do was put them in the dryer.
4. for the beautiful roses that are blooming all over the base! I haven't seen any other flowers here yet, but roses thrive.
5. cough drops
6. ibuprofen
7. the washer and dryer being inside the house (I have to go outside to get to mine at home)
8. that after today, it's not supposed to be windy for the next several days
9. for my family and friends who have been so supportive and loving
10. for the dream I had yesterday that Teresa was in. I just wish I could remember it.
11. when the kids make me laugh
12. that the puppy will be going to a new home
13. sleep, especially when it comes between fits of coughing and I feel somewhat rested and better after it

1 comment:

pam q said...

I am grateful that you have things to be grateful for!

And I am grateful that you are my blogging friend!

Still at my Mom's..............