Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cousin Mike

My cousin Mike is someone I admire very much. He paid for his own education. Working until he had enough money to go to school for a while and then going back to work when he ran out. He did this until he got his degree. He is now a school teacher. A profession that I admire, but have never wanted to attempt. It's hard work for not nearly enough pay. There are incredible benefits though -- it touches the lives of so very many children each and every year. I know that Mike is one of those teachers that his students will never forget because he's that kind of person. He's special.

He came to see me after the death of my sister, his cousin. During our visit, he said something that I thought was quote worthy -- "Common sense is not all that common.". I thought I'd just share that with you today.

No comments: