Thursday, March 4, 2010

In the Works




This is the beginning of my second scarf! Isn't it wonderful? I love this yarn. Those of you who don't knit and don't give an owl's hoot about all of this, may want to skip this post. Sorry about that, but I'm yarn nutty today. This yarn was hand spun and hand dyed. The yarn gets thinner and thicker along the length at times, but most of the time is fairly consistent. There are little blips of fat fuzzy things every once in a while. It's great! When I rolling the skein into a ball, I literally had to pull it apart because it must have been wound when it was still slightly damp from the dye and the strands stuck together. It worried me a bit, but it all came out fine. It's a beautiful color and I what it's doing as I knit it. My favorite thing though is that it's so very soft. It's a Merino Wool and I may never buy anything else again. Well, in all honesty, I will buy cotton yarn for dish cloths. Other than that though, I may not want anything else to touch my knitting needles. This stuff is wonderful.

4 comments:

Brittani said...

That yarn is gorgeous!! What a pretty scarf :)

pam q said...

Wow! You are really getting into that knitting!!!

It is rather habit forming, isn't it??

And so, so calming.........

Carry on!

Apple said...

I love the color of that yarn!! :)

Sharon said...

I found the same yarn online. Look for it if you're interested. It's still available. ;)