Thursday, December 31, 2009

Once in a Blue Moon


Have you ever heard that expression -- once in a blue moon? Well, there will be a blue moon tonight! A blue moon is the second full moon in a month. (That happens only about once every two and a half years. ) There was one on the second of the month and now another tonight, the last day of the month. What makes this blue moon even more rare is that it's happening on New Year's Eve. According to one website, the last New Year's Eve blue moon was in 1990 and the next won't be until 2028. Just in case you're wondering, the moon will not actually be "blue". This is just a term used to express this lunar event.

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling the need to celebrate this New Year's Eve blue moon in some way. If you do, let me know how you do it. I'll share mine with you also. **** I celebrated by looking for the moon until I found it uncovered and could take this sad little photo! I also called many loved ones tonight to wish them a Happy Blue Moon and a Happy New Year!

No comments: