Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cutie on a Nine Patch














This is my grandson, JT when he was 4 months old. He's on the quilt I made for him. I almost kept it, I liked it so much. I may make one for myself one day. You just never know. I love nine patches. Probably my favorite old block and I love reproduction fabrics -- the blue and shirtings together are another favorite combination. We had given him the little duck outfit he's wearing too.



Come to think of it, the first quilt I gave all three of my grandchildren was a nine patch. CV's was eaten by an Italian washing machine. She's on her quilt holding a bunny before it was damaged. I have the quilt and am supposed to repair it. It will never be the same of course. The repair will have an "honest" patch (meaning I'm not trying to hide that it was repaired in any way) since I don't have all the fabrics to replace all of the little nine patches that were damaged. (Guess I'll put that on my list of things to do.) I don't think CV even remembers her quilt. She was pretty young when it was damaged.
CL's is a black and white nine patch with a red alternate squares. The only picture I could find of it doesn't show it well and has JT in the picture instead of CL.

No comments: