Friday, October 3, 2008

Tongue Tied

Wow! My postings came to an abrupt stop there for a little while, didn't they? The reason? I think it's because I'm tongue tied! I have so many ideas to share and directions to go in, that I don't know where to go next. So, today, I may just ramble. Clear my head and see what happens.

Today is my grandson JT's fifth birthday! So hard to believe how fast they are all growing up. I wish I was there with him to give him a big hug and swipe a big piece of birthday cake! Which I shouldn't be wishing for (the cake at least) because my hubby and I are in the process of cutting back and soon to be cutting out processed sugar. Oh boy, I'm going to need help with this one! I didn't get this fluffy from eating veggies.

I broke my glasses this week. I can't see a thing without my glasses. There have been times when you'd swear that I couldn't hear without them either, since I put them on to answer the phone if I've been asleep! Fortunately the glasses were under warranty. So, I had my eyes checked, found out that my prescription has changed a bit and I was able to get a whole new pair for about 1/5 - 1/6 of what a new pair would have cost! Hurray! Now, I just have to wear a really old pair, that are also broken (but super glued together) until the new ones come in. They've been giving me daily headaches so I'm really looking forward to the new pair.

I haven't had daily headaches for almost a year! Last Oct. is when I discovered my food allergies. There was only one thing I was really allergic to -- beef. There were several others that gave me some symptoms, so I have to be careful about eating too much of them or combining them. Cheese is one of those things. Chocolate is another. I can't have beef at all, but I have found bison and I like it.

Time to change gears here. It took some work (after several mistakes and lots of fury) but I finally have my selling account set up on eBay. I have several of the prayer beads made up and I'm just waiting for my tax number to arrive so I can go legally sell to the public!

I've taken a few "before" pictures of areas I want to clean up around here. I don't know that I'll ever share them with you though. They are quite embarrassing.

When I was in Big D yesterday doing the glasses thing, I did not go to a bookstore. Let me hear those cheers! Yes, I'm surprised and pleased with myself that I was able to hang tough. I realize it's basically only been a couple of weeks, but I know of a book I want to read and I know it's bound to be out there, even though I don't know the title. I heard them talking about it on Sunday Morning last Sunday. It's about this cat named Dewey that lived in a library in a small town in Iowa after he had been dumped in the book return slot on an extremely cold night. I think they said it was 16 degrees below zero that night. Dewey looked like my Barney and sounded so sweet. I've always believed that if an animal knows you've rescued them, they love you even more and they actually show you that they appreciate it. I'm going to have to hound my library for a copy. Which is not easy to do and may do no good at all. When The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd was on the best seller list, my local library did not have it and had never heard of it. I put in an inter-library request for it. They NEVER got it! I ended up buying the book a few months later. I hope the movie is as good as the book, but I don't see how it could be.

I'm going to be posting more pictures soon. I know I want to show you my hull green wheat spice canisters. There were other things too, but I've forgotten what they were for the moment. Hopefully this rambling has cleared my head and I'll be back to the normal way I like to post tomorrow. I know I'm feeling more upbeat and creative since writing all of this down. Thanks for listening and I'll try not to do this to you very often.

No comments: