Thursday, September 18, 2008

signs of life


I was looking through the photos I took on my recent trip to CO -- I have to share this sign with you! We were running on fumes when we saw this. We loved it so much that after we filled up, we went back a few miles and took the picture. A police officer had a car stopped very near there. I'm assuming giving the driver a speeding ticket since the speed limit dropped near the sign. After he finished with his duties, he came over and talked to us. He said that there 'sure were a lot of people who stopped and took pictures of that old sign'. It's a shame the old garage was no longer in business. I would have loved to have gotten some gas there, a soft drink and maybe even a bag of peanuts to eat on the road. I would have gotten a kick out of meeting the person with the sense of humor who came up with the sign too!

I hope to find more humorous signs as time goes on to share with you. My friend Krissy puts some really good ones on her blog at times.

Today I got my annual flu shot and I got a tetanus shot because I'm hoping to volunteer for the SPCA of Texas in Dallas (#86 on my 101 in 1001 list). I sent in my application today. It's not exactly Meals on Wheels or Habitat for Humanity, but I think it will be a good fit for me. I hope I'm a good fit for them.




One other photo I want to share today is from my 30th high school reunion. We always gather in the groups that went to elementary school together at some point for a picture of each group. There weren't many of us from Nathaniel Hawthorn at this reunion, but I can't tell you how good it was to see the ones who were there! Starting on the left back row is Leigh Ann, myself, Kathy, Anthony and Tom. Front row Scott, Peggy and Linda.

No comments: