Saturday, September 20, 2008

Not too old to learn


I'm getting better at this camera stuff. I'm learning how to download the pictures from my camera to the computer. Once I get them on the computer and in a file, it's easy for me to find them here and put them in the blog. So, you'll be seeing more and more pictures. Especially with the photo a day challenge! I almost forgot to take one today, but I grabbed the camera and ran outside and got a really nice shot of the sun starting to go down through our oak trees. It may be the first one I try to sell, so I'm not going to put it on the blog.



Something I did this week that I really enjoyed was go by the Church of Our Merciful Saviour in Kaufman, TX. I had been to Kaufman to get my flu shot and the tetanus shot. When I was driving home, I realized I had my camera and that I had never really stopped to look at this beautiful old church. I'd seen it many times and been drawn to it, but I'd never really had time to stop. It's a beautiful Episcopal Church that was built in 1909. Someday, I'm going to visit the church again when I can go inside. I'd also like to stop by again and photograph it when the sun is out.


I love old churches. Texas has a lot of them. I think that will be something I'll have to start taking lots of pictures of now that I'm working on my camera shyness. I've not only been shy to be in front of the camera, I've also been shy to be behind the camera. I'd always worry that someone was wondering what the heck I was doing, or what right did I have to be where I was. I'm working on that in this year of photos. I think it's about time I grew up and did some of the things I've always wanted to do and never thought I could or was afraid I wasn't good enough to do.


No comments: