Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Days 7, 8 and 9 of 29 Gifts in 29 Days

You may have noticed that I've posted a lot lately. I haven't posted about my "gives" though. So, I'm catching up now.



Day 7 - My gift for today was extra prayers for my friend Yvette. She was competing in an Ironman competition in Switzerland on Sunday. She is my hero. I met Yvette through my "quilting friends" retreat and email group. We've actually seen each other in person only a handful of times over the decade or so that we've known each other, but I tell you, she is someone I truly admire. Several times a year, she competes in 1/2 marathons, marathons, 100 mile bike rides and, or Ironman competitions and all of it is to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Yvette is amazing!

Day 8 and 9 - I wrote notes to my 6 aunts and added school photos of my granddaughters to each. I also emailed 4 cousins to see if they would like to have small items that had belonged to my sister. I mailed a small gift of tea to my son that I had purchased last week.




The good things that have happened during these days: I made it home from running errands before a storm started! I got to visit with all four of the cousins through email. I hadn't talked to them in at least a couple of months. And my dentist's office called today to see if I wanted to take a cancellation tomorrow. I've had to cancel a lot of my doctor appointments over the last 8 months or so because my hubby had been laid off, then we had no insurance for a while with the new job and then I was out of state for more than 3 months. It will be good to get that started back on track.

No comments: