Wednesday, July 28, 2010

After the Dentist, A Little Fun......




For some reason, the older I get the more I hate going to the dentist. So, when the receptionist called yesterday and said they had a cancellation for today and that I was overdue for a cleaning, would I like to take the appointment -- I was more than a little surprised to hear myself say "yes". I was surprised that I actually went too. And ever so thankful when it was all over. I don't even like the polishing of my teeth. I decided to celebrate when it was over and I stopped at one of the little antique places on the way home.





The Lindy Mall is a fun little place right on Hwy. 31 in Malakoff, TX. It has the items of many vendors. You never really know what you'll find in there. Today, I was looking for a clear glass canning jar with a glass top. I want to put some of the things that belonged to my sister in it, so that they are safe from dust and I can see them clearly all the time. I found one easily. Although I was plenty tempted by some blue ones too. I actually liked the blue ones better, but I knew I wouldn't be able to see Teresa's things as well in one of them. So, I got the clear one. Then I found a cow bell! I've wanted a good, well used cow bell since I first moved out here! I may hang it outside and see if the wind is strong enough to make it move like a wind chime. Or I may just keep it near me and shake it when I feel the need to hear it's low sound.





They had several things I wanted today. I love furniture and if I had a large house, it would be filled with all kinds of odd little pieces. Both of these dressers caught my eye, even though they are very different. They also had some lovely small white dressers! I could just picture a couple of them sitting side by side. I loved the typewriter and the shelf it was setting on. All of those turquoise-y looking things just made me drool. They weren't quite blue enough to make me pull out my wallet right then and there, but I am thinking on it. I've lived here 20 years. I'm ready for a change.

No comments: