Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm a little down in the Dumps Today

I've been here helping my son and grandchildren for the better part of two months now. I didn't expect to be here this long when I said I'd come. To be fair, neither did my son. I'm ready to go home. I want to go home. I miss my own bed. I miss watching my favorite TV shows and sewing. I miss listening to the music I like and sleeping past 6:45 a.m. (if I'm lucky enough to sleep that late!). I miss my dogs and my hubby. I miss my momma. I miss my friends. I miss being able to get in my car and drive to wherever I want to go and shop or visit. I want to go home.

And in all fairness, I'm sure that my son is ready for me to go home too. The longer I stay, the shorter my patience quota for the day seems to be. The girls are really probably ready for me to go home too, although I don't think they'd ever say so. I've heard them tell me, more than once, that they want "gramma mode" back and "momma mode" gone. Apparently I'm pretty bossy right now and not just to the little kids. JT is the only one who seems immune to my grumpy periods.

I noticed yesterday that I have more gray hair than when I got here. Kind of a streak starting. I said something to my son about it and turned around so I could point it out to him. Only I didn't have to point it out. Apparently, what I thought was the start of a streak is more like a swath! He could clearly see it from 4 feet away!

So, today I'm a little grumpy and sad. I'm tired (haven't slept well this week) and want to take a nap, but I hate to "waste" some of my last precious alone time. Tomorrow is the last day of school for the girls and for some reason, JT goes one more day. Precious and few are the moments I'll have with you once they are out of school. Wish me luck.

No comments: