Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Catching my Breath

Last week was so busy. I don't feel that I've even recovered from all the fun I had yet. Time doesn't stand still for that to happen though, so here I am playing catch up.

Houston Quilt Festival was amazing, as usual! The quilts were stunning. I just love to see them all. I did really well staying out of the vendors. That is until I met up with my friend Mary for lunch. Then I started shopping with her. I bought wonderful, fun things that have my creative juices flowing! I can't wait to get to work on some of the ideas I have. I think the items I'm most excited about are the hand dyed fabrics (a real weakness for me!) that I bought from Marcia Derse . I'm going to try my hand at art quilts with these fabrics, possibly to add to my etsy shop. I had such a difficult time picking out what to get from her! I wanted all of it. Luckily some of her fabrics have inspired a fabric line that will soon be out. The Gerta Collection is designed for Troy. I'm hoping and praying that at least one of my "local" quilt shops will carry it, but Marcia assured me that I could get it through her website if it isn't.

I spent two days at the show. Finally did get back to finish seeing the quilts, including special exhibits from China and Russia. I always love the exhibit by SAQA -- Studio Art Quilt Associates and this year there was a digital photo exhibit of photos taken by quilters. Amazing. I was wishing for a book of that exhibit. It had been four years since I'd been to the show. I'd like to start going more often, but I'll have to figure out how to spend less if I'm going to be able to do that.

No comments: